Thursday, October 20, 2016

MULTIPLICATION

I started with one lily bulb 3 or 4 years ago,
and now there are 4 major stalks.
They bring me so much happiness with their brilliant blooms and strong scent.
And they add lots of great color to the front of the cabin.
But the lady at the mountain nursery told me that they might not last 
now that the squirrels are back (the bulbs are tasty morsels).
There is so much to learn up at our new home.
I guess before we moved to the mountain,
the squirrels had become pretty much extinct (not sure why).
But this last year we have seen a couple crossing the street and fairly flying up into the pines. 
They are fast!
One of my friends said she sees actual Flying Squirrels at nite time.  
I have yet to see one. 
But man oh man,
 are those few squirrels making an even bigger mess then the raccoons in our yard.
Holes everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment