Thursday, August 17, 2017

BACK TO WORK...

GRAPHITE SPHERES
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 2016-2017 - 3RD QUARTER

both at school and on the blog.
I've still got pages and pages to do from last school year
 that I know all my students have been waiting to see.
So I'm starting with my sweet 7th graders from 3rd Quarter.

This Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are adorable,
and so beautifully crafted as well. 
 Notice how Bhumika Kalaimalai even took the time to outline his piece in ink.
Needless to say,
I was really impressed.

I felt like this next one was so clever and cool by Ashley Lee.
I love the ants working so hard and how her piece tells a story.

I'm not sure what's going on with my camera lighting/correcting (pink tones),
but I sure like how it's making this next piece by Tiffany Cheng look a little erie

The kids were also required to put in a visually pleasing border treatment,
and I really like how Anisha Hemnani balanced her piece using more spheres.
I also love how she put in the backdrop with delicate bands of pencil.

And a super talent who came in this year was Gail Baltazar.
Can you believe a 7th grader coming into a survey class 
with this much drawing and design skill going on?
She blew us out of the water and made us look forward to each of her next pieces.  

We end with this crazy colorful border by Madison Plotkin.
Love her and the effort she brought into all her artwork!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy seeing the settings within which your students place their spheres ... and I'm hoping that Bhumika will be taking classes with you in the future so I can see more of his work!

    ReplyDelete